2020. november 29., vasárnap

Autumn in Budapest: an inspiring love story

 

 

October went so fast I can’t even realize that. It was a busy month and we did a lot of activities in and outside the shop, let’s try to make some order in my memory.

First thing first: there were still sunny days and me and the girls went rolling around Pest and Buda, taking long walks and riding bikes (how heavy is the bike you can’t even imagine), so we spent very relaxing and refreshing days. I just want to tell you when we went to a bar and a picture caught my attention: it was about sharing tampons and other useful objects. It was the first time for me to see this kind of “social” manifesto in a bar's toilet. Tampons are absurdly expensive and they’re costing more and more money, what about women who can’t afford them? Tampons are fundamental for our life as women and it’s unbelievable that we have to carry the costs on our shoulders.

Speaking about women empowerment, we all took part in a photo shooting for the shop and it was amazingly great! We all used clothes from the shop and a professional photographer took some picture of us: who knows me well knows that I don’t fancy being in the center of attention but the little “I love myself” part won the game against the “please I’m shy don’t take pictures of me” part and I enjoyed a lot, it was a real good shot for my self- esteem! The atmosphere all in all was warm and exciting: looking at girls helping each other finding the perfect look or the craziest accessories and empower ourselves – women are so powerful. And speaking of that, I find myself thinking about women and about one of the most precious gifts we have: our brain. A brain that thinks, a brain that makes us speak (as loud as we want), a brain to choose. I joined a demonstration in solidarity with Polish women, for what they are suffering on their bodies, for choices made by a government which would like to kill our faculty of choice and take us (back?) to the darkest hour of submission under men. Freedom of choice defines us, women and men, it defines us as human beings, it defines us as different from one another, it makes ourselves looking at the mirror, sometimes proudly, sometimes sadly. Whatever is my choice doesn’t concern you and at the top of all we cannot let anyone steal our right (seen as one of the fundamental human rights) to choose. You may not like what we choose, or the fact that we can choose, well our answer is: we will keep choosing our freedom and we will not let men take it away from us.

Taking my mind back to Aradi utca, we have celebrated the birthday of the shop! Happy 5th birthday Filantrópia!! Wish you all the best….donations 😊 That day was funny, a lot of costumers came and enjoyed the day with us. It was so beautiful to be there for that special day and getting to know a bit more about the history of the shop, from its first moves to the magnificent island it is now!! It’s so inspiring looking at what you Profilantrop people have created! Okay the food part is coming.. of course Sara made pizza, crazy good as usual, Kriszti made an original cake I’ve never tried before, Zsuzsa made the best pogácsa I’ve ever had so far, and I made a savory plumcake (if you want us to prepare you a dinner please feel free to contact us). Food part is not done yet -don’t open this post if you’re hungry or after seven if you don’t have anything in your fridge- because the four of us and Orsi also took part in the “zakuszka day”, a typical sauce from Transylvania at Zsuzsa’s parent’s house. Basically what you need is a super big pan to put on the fire, peppers, eggplants, tomatoes, onions – and if you are one of those who cry as babies while cutting onions, please be prepared with a lot of tissues. Truth to be told, I cried worse than babies dealing with their first teeth.

But, you’re getting to know me more and more, and as you could have seen I can be very emotional sometimes. After two long months of absence, lack and abstinence, although I have never forgotten you and never my heart will be able to do it, finally I found you again and you made me spend wonderful hours in your company, so here I am gratefully thanking you, thank you Campari Spritz.

Yes, guys, I found Campari in Budapest, and it’s perfect for our aperitives on the cozy homey balcony since we are still facing the pandemic and everything is closed!

Time to say goodbye, raise your glass and egészségedre to everything that makes you feel good and powerful!

Sziasztok!

P.s.: just a tip, take your phone and put as loud as you can “You don’t own me” – I picture myself as a dancing Diane Keaton and I honestly feel so cool (sometimes we all need that feeling no?).

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése