2022. szeptember 21., szerda

Puszi Puszi Budapest

I put the laptop on my thights: luckily the bus is not completly full this time so I can strech my legs. I am coming home!! I feel a lot of different emotions.

I am excited because I am coming back home to my family and friends that I have missed more than I ever admitted. And I am happy to engage myself with new projects: I still don't know them exactly but it is ok. Some years ago I decided that I don't want to be anxious about my future. Everytime I wasn't looking for something, new and adventurous opportunities were there waiting for me! This happened with this project too. One day of July last year I received an e-mail from Sara, inviting me to read more information about the project, and to contact her if I was interested. This is how this crazy, thrilling, inspiring journey started. In September I left home with some doubts, but now I know I made the right choice.

And about new possibilities that finds you when you are not searching for them: in August I read about a course about sustainability in fashion and I applied! They selected me and I will start in November with other 32 classmates. I am sure this is the path I want to walk.
I am looking for a job for the next months but, at the same time I want to save some time for me: for reading, having small walks and for friends and family.

I am deeply sad for everything I am leaving behind: an amazing city, a rewarding job and a lot of special people. Only now that I left Budapest I can shape my thoughts and I would like to thank my fellow coworkers for the adventure. I am sorry if I am late, but last days in Budapest were surreal!

So thanks Zsuzsa for trusting and for stimulating me. Thank you for being coherent and fierce and proud about that corner of hope and utopia that the shop is: you are an example of perseverance to me.
Thank you Beci because you showed me what being commited to a project looks like. Thank you for showing me what it means to be a good person, with no prejudice towards anyone. Thank you for your (always conforting) words and thank you for always being availabe to listen.
Thank you Núria for being an amazing workmate and flatmate, for being understanding and fuc*ing funny! Thank you for including me and for sharing your friends, your space and your incurable optimism. You were like sunshine and I will truly miss you.



(Us solving the mystery of Egypt)



(Ice cream and chips in Leányfalu)


(One of my favourite spot in Budapest, I will miss it!!)

I am gratefull for the opportunity that was given to me and I am curious about this new part of my life that is coming.

When I finished high school, I went to Scotland with a friend: we decided to explore the island with only one tent, two backpacks and our feets. One day we met some italians on a ferry and one of them told me about Tiziano Terzani. He was a reporter and a writer and now, 5 years later, he is a big reference point in my life. I read almost all his books and the most inspiring phrase I read was: "The best thing that a young can do is to come up with a job that suits his talents, his aspirations and his joy".
So, here I am, trying to come up with a job that suits me, and that will allow me to live my life exactly how I want to. This is a job that doesn't exists now, but I will put all of me to create it!

To whoever is reading this blog post: good luck. And remember: "prayers won't help, second hand will", so go and shop in Filantrópia even if I won't be there anymore!!

Eleonora :)

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése