2024. május 10., péntek

 Hi blog!!

It's a lovely evening in Budapest, and as stand here on the balcony enjoy the warmer breeze of spring, writing this post fills me with an overwhelming sense of nostalgia. I find myself reflecting on the bittersweet realization that this may be one of the final updates I share about this beautiful experience.


May started in a wave of sentimentality for the sudden realization that this is our last month here. It may seem banal but ever since I arrived the time in front of me seemed so long and now that the last has arrived I wish I had more time to spend here. 

It's remarkable how rapid the days have passed, each filled with new adventures and memories. However, in the frenetic daily life, the passage of time seemed so slow, as if it stretched out endlessly before us.

Now, however, as the last month has come, there's a sense of urgency to capture every last moment. What in the past months felt routine now holds a profound significance, as I realize just how much we've come to love and appreciate this place.


Today, while I was checking donations with Vilma, with our playlist on the background as usual, I realized how far we’ve come. It’s hard to believe that not long ago, in the cold embrace of winter, we were just beginning to get to know each other and figuring out all the secrete corners of the shop.I don't even know how to describe what I feel realizing that soon this little tasks and moments won't be part of my everyday life. 

In these day my heart as filled with gratitude for countless experiences,  faces, memories and lovely relationship i experience during the journey. 


BUT now enough with the sentimentality!!!




These last weeks have been really funny, especially thanks to the visit of my mother and my brother. Finally I was able to show them around, but most importantly I discovered a lot of new places here in the city, and this leads me to the final point of this post. Before our flatmate and former volunteer Giuliana left, she created a poster in the kitchen for me and Vilma titled "Before you leave": the challenge for our last month here is to complete the bucket list that we created along our staying and even more ;) (Vilma, if you are reading, we are in this together!!). 




Even if I still need to "get over" this nostalgic feelings, I will make the best out of May!!
See you soon

Alessandra :)



Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése