2024. május 13., hétfő

Szia blog! Vilma here

Hello blog,  It feels crazy that we have now reached the time for my last blog post.




The last few months the weather has been much better than my last post. I was hoping for sun and even though the weather has been a bit unpredictable, it has been really hot some days. The city has really got a different feeling to it and the days feel longer. With the heat has also come pollen, and I have discovered that I am allergic. Although I appreciate the greenery, I appreciate less the tiredness and runny nose it brings. But with a little medicine, my problems have resolved.



Another thing that has happened is that I broke the screen of my computer. Don't ask how it happened. I hope to be able to fix this when I get back to Sweden, but right now I'm trying to see it as another opportunity to enjoy the last time a little extra. 


During easter we hade visitors from Italy!! It was nice to introduce one italian (one friend I made during my volunteering in Spain) to another (Alessandra whom you probably already know) and celebrate easter together. My friend Michela who is also abroad for university visited Budapest with some of her friends and it feelt like one big happy (italian) family. It was a especially nice since this is the first time im not spending easter with my family.



At the beginning of April, I went back to Sweden to write a test for university. This is a test that I studied for the last 3 months and it felt good when it was finally done. When I was home, I was also shocked by how foreign it felt to be back in Sweden. At the training camps we have attended with the other volunteers, we have talked about something called "reversed culture shock" and I think that was what i experienced. It was like a taste of what awaits me when I get home, but also proof that I've managed to make myself at home here in Hungary.


Although it will be fun to come home to see friends and family again, it of course also feels a little sad to leave Budapest and all the people i've met here. Right now I'm just trying to enjoy the last time I have left in Hungary and the last part of my volunteering. Most of all I am very grateful for Alessandra, who has been a great flatmate and friend during this time. Zsuzsa, and her family, for the funny stories and making us feel welcome here in Hungary. My family and my friends, new and old, for all the good memories and support. 


Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése